Ordination Successful


Your ordination has been provisionally approved based on the information you provided.

If you are planning to perform a marriage ceremony in the next few days, please proceed as planned. See below for additional information and instructions.

Ordination Certificate:

Minister Ordination Certificate (Image)

You may download your temporary ordination certificate by clicking here. This certificate is valid and accepted as your minister’s credential in all locations that do not require additional documents for registration. Please see below for additional information.

Keep in mind that ordination is a process — it isn’t a piece of paper. You are legally ordained, whether or not you have a certificate or card stating this.

However, it is necessary in some jurisdictions to register with a state or local authority, which requires documents bearing live signatures.

In addition, it is standard professional practice to provide a copy of your credentials to the couples that you marry.

Not certain what to do next? Please contact us! We will walk you through all of the steps.

You may request a personalized ordination certificate and a complete set of forms and documents by clicking here.

No Additional Documents Required:

The following states do not require printed credentials or documents, and do not require Marriage Officiants to register prior to performing ceremonies anywhere in the state:

Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire*, New Jersey, New Mexico, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont***, Washington State, Wisconsin, Wyoming

Please note: See notes below regarding locations not listed above.

Additional Documents Required For Registration:

Your temporary ordination certificate is sufficient as proof of ordination in most states and jurisdictions. In addition, the following locations require additional documentation, which you can request from us by clicking on the state name:


Requires registration with the Hawaii Department of Health


Requires registration with local Parish Court Clerk


Requires registration with Secretary of the Commonwealth
(Resident and Non-Resident Officiants)


Requires registration with local County Clerk; An ordained person may also serve as a Civil Officiant


Requires registration with local County Clerk;

New York**

Basic ordination not accepted. Click here for info.
Additional registration required for ceremonies in New York City.


Requires registration with Ohio Secretary of State prior to performing a ceremony


Requires registration with local Court Clerk


Non-resident Marriage Officiants must register with local probate court clerk


Any ordained person may serve as a Civil Officiant; otherwise, bond or appearance before judge required

West Virginia

Endorsement from ordaining organization must be submitted to West Virginia Secretary of State

* — Ordained ministers and officiants not residing in New Hampshire must register with the Secretary of State’s office in Concord prior to performing a ceremony anywhere in the state. If you reside in New Hampshire, this requirement is waived.

** — If the ceremony is taking place in any one of the five boroughs of New York City (Brooklyn, The Bronx, Manhattan, Queens or Staten Island), regardless of where the marriage license was obtained, the person performing the ceremony must register in advance with the New York City Marriage Bureau. All required forms and documents will be included with your New York City Endorsement package. Click here for complete New York State information.

** — Ordained ministers and officiants not residing in Vermont must register with the probate court of the district within which the wedding is to take place prior to performing a ceremony. If you reside in Vermont, this requirement is waived.